Tour Duration: 8 day(s)
Group Size: 1 – 12 people
Category: Scuba diving operators
Season: January – December
Min Price: 1599 US Dollar (USD) per person
Max Price: 1599 US Dollar (USD) per person
Ilha Grande is two hours from the well-known vacation hotspot of Rio de Janeiro, but a world away from the chaos and hub bub of commercialization. Ilha Grande Bay has staved off commercialization and multitudes of vacationers, but it is by no means lacking comfort or brillance for those who are in on the secret of its pristine beauty. Ilha Grande is vehicle-free and instead flaunts gorgeous vegetation, blue warm waters and 80 miles of various contoured coastline. Day time adventurers include sea kayaking around over 360 islands, hiking tropical forests, lounging around secluded beaches, or diving countless dive sites and wrecks. Known as the area of greatest shipwreck concentration in the world and even a helicopter wreck, Ilha Grande is awaiting adventurous scuba divers.
Diving in Ilha Grande: Ilha Grande Bay is home to the largest concentration of shipwrecks in the world. Sixteen ships are being investigated by authorities and 6 have been discovered and are open for public investigation.
A few wrecks scuba divers should visit are:
– Vapor Japura at da Parnaioca Beach-1860;
– Vapor California at Vermelha Beach-1888;
– Encouracado Aquidaba at Jacuacanga Bay- 1906;
– Pinguino at Sitio Forte Cove-1966.
Castelhanos Bay is known for its outstanding snorkeling and scuba diving along with Jorge Grego´s Island, and dos Meros Island. Laja do Guriri, situated in Castelhanos Bay, is a cave with several entrances with sunbeams gleaming through a multitude of cracks. Instead of letting the secret out let us show you firsthand the undisclosed splendors of Ilha Grande, Brazil.
– Airfare from city of choice to Rio de Janeiro;
– Transfers from airport to hotel;
– Daily breakfast;
– 1 night at Luxor Regente in Copacabana Beach;
– Welcome drink and dinner at Hotel;
– Transfers from hotel to Angra dos Reis;
– 5 nights at Pousada Manaca;
– 3 days of diving at Ilha Grande;
– Transfers from Angra dos Reis to Copacabana;
– 2 nights at Luxor Regente in Copacabana Beach;
– City Tour visiting the Corcovado;
– Visit to H. Stern Jewelry Musuem;
– Transfers from hotel to airport for flight back to U.S.